You can join the British Council Uzbekistan team through our Internship Programme. The purpose of our Internship Programme is to offer to successful candidates an opportunity to develop their skills and enhance their educational experience through practical work assignments while gaining experience of working in an international environment. British Council offers an exciting and promising start of your career.
- fluency in Uzbek, Russian and English (spoken & written);
- computing skills (MS Office and Photoshop preferably);
- strong communication skills, ability to work independently and as a team member, accuracy;
- desire to work & develop;
- knowledge of British Council work areas is advantageous.
Terms and Conditions:
Our Internship Programme is open to students or graduates (18 years or above).
The period of internship is nine months from 1 July 2018 to 30 March 2019.
The programme is part-time, i.e. interns are expected to work two days a week full working day (7.5 hours) in the British Council office in Tashkent.
What interns do at the British Council?
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Customer Service/ Examinations:
- delivering professional customer service to both internal and external customers
- answering all calls with a polite and pleasant manner according to corporate telephone standards
- maximising conversion rates of enquiries to sales figures by communicating features and benefits of British Council offers
- owning customer feedbacks by making clear notes on an enquiry/complaint, channelling them to relevant members of staff and by ensuring the answer is given on time
- acquiring and maintaining an excellent level of the product knowledge at all times via webiste and discussions with colleagues
- Marketing and Communication:
- data mining and organisation (search for requested data in open sources of information, compilation of tables in MS Excel, assistance in data processing and interpretation)
- helping with translation of texts into English and vice versa
- British Council Uzbekistan social media maintenance support (preparation of information for posts on various social networks, preparation of subtitles for videos, translation and generation of content).
- Administrative support to various British Council Uzbekistan projects
- involvement in organising and delivering education/career exhibitions
- assistance in preparation of documents on projects
- conducting research on the given topic
Do interns get a certificate?
All selected candidates who have completed the internship programme successfully will receive a certificate stating the period of the internship and the name of the section to which they were assigned.
What are my chances of employment at the British Council after the internship?
As the main purpose of the Internship Programme is to provide an opportunity to gain experience in project work in an international environment the programme is not related to employment in the British Council.
An intern may apply to any job opening in the British Council during his/her internship programme, if he/she wishes to apply.
The British Council is an equal opportunities employer and guarantees an interview for candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria.
How to apply
Applicants wishing to apply should fill out the Application Form and attach one recommendation letter. Please name your application as Internship_surname_name.doc and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org putting Internship Programme in the subject field. The deadline for apllications is 26 June 2018.
Only Application Forms will be accepted for further processing. Please do not send your CVs.
We will contact successful candidates after the short-listing process.
The start of work is 1 July 2018.