As part of our Creative Spark series of policy discussion programme, we are organising a live webinar on the topic of 'Creative entrepreneurial education: how education sector responds to the market needs?'.
The webinar is a joint event of the British Council, El-Yurt Umidi, Ministry of higher and secondary specialized education of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Higher Education Council of the Republic of Uzbekistan. It will bring together Higher Education professionals from the UK and Uzbekistan so we can exchange knowledge and ideas.
During the session we will be discussing:
- What were key drivers for developing creative and entrepreneurial education in the UK and its different parts?
- How development of new programmes and curriculum has been approached and what are key learning points?
- Who at institutional level is in charge of relevance of programmes and quality of education delivery, who are the gate keepers, how alignment to high standards is ensured?
The webinar will be opened by the esteemed guests:
- Inom Majidov, Minister of higher and secondary specialised education of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Adkham Bekmuradov, Director, El Yurt Umidi
- Uktam Umirzoqov, Chair, Higher Education Council of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Rachel Ireland, Director, British Council, Uzbekistan
- Jamilya Gulyamova, Deputy Director
The speakers at the session will be:
- Linsey Cole is the Director for Research, Enterprise and Innovation (REI) at London South Bank University (LSBU).
- Sian Prime, Deputy Director, Institute of Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship (ICCE): Course Director & Lecturer: MA Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship, Goldsmiths’ University of London.
- Chris Lane Head of Subject for Community Development, Refugee Programmes, Social Work and Youth Studies at London Metropolitan University
- Paresh Parmar, a senior lecturer at the University of Central Lancashire.
- Viren Lall, is the Managing Director of Change School, an adjunct professor of management, and an executive education trainer including at London Business School.
- Madina Badalova, Head of Education and Inclusion Department at the Art and Culture Development Foundation under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Kongrat Sharipov, Rector of Tashkent State University of Economics
The session will be facilitated by Komiljon Karimov, Rector of the University of World Economy and Diplomacy.