The partnership is between People 1st International, the Arts and Cultural Development Fund of Uzbekistan, the Silk Road International University in Samarkand and Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh.
The main focus of the collaboration is to strengthen public/private partnership; and enhance the quality of the enterprise skills required in creative, cultural and tourism education.
The main aims of the project:
- To deliver professional development to University lecturers and to strengthen business engagement and international partnership opportunities by working alongside initiatives focused on cultural heritage and tourism development.
- To exchange of enterprise knowledge between UK and Uzbekistan; a stronger research base provided through the QMU Academic Fellowship; English language ability; strengthening of family businesses; and improved gender equality.
- To focus on value-added creative products and services, eco-tourism and the social and cultural impacts of tourism for the benefit of graduates.
The strands and expected outputs:
- Co-creation of curricula that is relevant and of high quality;
Output - Professional Development package for tourism professionals that builds capacity within industry and education, supports public/private partnership and aids HE institutional development
2. Partnership with industry to ensure youth opportunities and healthy enterprise
Output – Business solutions supported through an ‘innovation hub’
3. Support for macro level education and learning policy that ensures an integrated approach to enterprise skills.
Output – Quality standards for the design and delivery of enterprise skills.