The British Council in partnership with the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan and ChangeSchool London is happy to announce the 'Entrepreneurial University Awards' for all Creative Spark partnerships in Uzbekistan. The Entrepreneurial University Awards in Uzbekistan are for celebrating the delivery of enterprise teaching, entrepreneurship training, student hub activities, ecosystem and community development, and providing universities with recognition for their work.
Why these awards are relevant and important
The changes in education, knowledge acquisition and workplace skills are now accelerating very fast. Students don't just need to learn; they need to learn to keep up to date. It is not just the content but also the skills. Complex problem solving, cognitive flexibility, judgment and decision making, creativity and critical thinking – in summary, enterprise mindset behaviours are now the skills most in demand.
The Uzbekistan Higher Education development concept 2030 requires that education is responsive to the changing global and local markets' needs. Higher education institutions address the needs for employability, introduce innovation, bringing the best international practice and co-create know-how with partners.
An entrepreneurial university can prepare students for the future. And this is why we are here to recognise, promote and celebrate.
There are eight awards to compete for:
- Start-up of the Year
- Green University
- Industry Relationship
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Popular Vote
- Enterprise in the Curriculum
And finally, Enterprising University of the Year for the best three submissions in the above categories.
Who can apply
The award is limited for Creative Spark partnerships and their regional branches listed below. More about partnership information, please visit our web-page here:
- National Institute of Fine Art and Design named after Kamoliddin Bekhzod
- New Silk Road International Tourism University
- Scientific and Practical Centre for the implementation of Innovative Developments
- Scientific Research Institute for Standardisation, Metrology and Certification
- Tashkent State Technical University named after Islam Karimov
- Tashkent State University of Economics
- The Arts and Culture Development Foundation
- Uzbekistan State Institute of Art and Culture
- The Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Tashkent University of Information Technologies (TUIT)
- Tashkent Institute of Textile & Light Industry.
What winners get
The awards include recognition for the institution, certificates, and media coverage. Also, institutions and enterprise staff will have the opportunity to collect evidence to submit for innovation in teaching and graduate outcomes, develop international networks, undertake continuous professional development, and develop individual brands through media coverage. The award winners will have an opportunity to receive resource materials on creativity and entrepreneurship education from the British Council.
Key dates and timeline:
• 20 April 2021 – application process open, proforma submission form available
• 1 June 2021 – formal application form link available
• 13 June 2021 (23.59 UK time) – application submission deadline
• 28, 29 or 30 June 2021 – winners announced at the Entrepreneurial University Awards ceremony
You can find more information about the Award programme and the Application Form in the Downloads section below.